Stitched and unstitched on Opus Magnusson this week. I was stitching the scallopy blue line that goes the entire way across the top of the piece and only had two scallops to go when I realized I had a mistake two scallops back. Ripped it out and restitched it. The next day (Wednesday) something niggled in my brain telling me to check the rest of that line. So I did and I found three more mistakes. Had to rip out all of Monday's and Tuesday's work plus about an hour of Sunday's. Went on to put two more strands in and ripped the first one out to due a large loop on the back. Decided to call it quits for the night. Thursday I put three strands in and then realized that on Sunday I didn't read the color chart right. Decided to give stitching a break for the rest of the week.
Today I'm stitching on Celtic Christmas. It's going fairly well. I did find a mistake from the last time I stitched on her. It really isn't noticible so I'm ignoring it. I need to kit up the project for our Jan. EGA meeting so the rest of this week will be spent measuring, cutting and wrapping. Hopefully the frogs will be long gone by the time I'm stitching again.
Monday, January 5, 2009
The latest picture of Boink. I've actually managed to stay up to date with stitching this. That's a first for me. My start for the New Year is Long Dog Samplers' Opus Magnusson. So far it's been a fun and easy stitch. I kept it out for this week and then next week I'll start back on my rotation. Two days of Celtic Christmas, three days for a random wip and then one day for the Peppermint Twist SAL. Still waiting on the pattern and fabric for the SAL.