Monday, March 10, 2008

A Little Background

Late last fall my Celtic lady started calling me, then in January I discovered stitching blogs and the Lavender Angels Sal. Her voice was too loud to ignore at that point. I started stitching her in either 2000 or 2001. The above picture is what she looked like on 1/29/2008. She now looks like this: I can't figure out how to get the picture to show up here in this spot, so I 'll put it in a second post.

I really want to see her hanging on my wall so my goal is to stitch on her two days a week. Hopefully with only two days I won't burn out on her like I've done in the past. And hopefully by looking at the progress on other people's blogs and on my own I'll stay motivated. The only problem with looking at other people's blogs is that burning desire to stitch this and this and this........

I've already started Damier by Maryse, my Cirque des Cercles pattern came Saturday, I've bought the threads for the Lizzie-Kate double flips and I started a biscornu last Thursday. And then there's those three little pieces I picked up at the Scottish/Irish music festival last month. Plus I'm sure my beads will start calling me at some point.

So my goals for this month are:
1. 2 days a week on Celtic Christmas
2. 2 days a week on Circles (have to throw this in here or the friend that I coerced into stitching it with me might get upset)
3. finish biscornu or at least the top layer
4. finish tassel that was started at February's EGA meeting

1 comment:

Monica said...

This is beautiful work! Wow! Can you tell me what you used to hold your linen on the sides of your scroll frame? What a brilliant idea!! I have a trusty old stand that I use for stitching and my scroll frame does nicely holding my piece, yet I do find the sides sag a bit... your clasps are quite brilliant indeed!

Lovely work that you post! Thank you for the inspiration!